2 Killed in Multi-Car Crash Along Narok-Mai Mahiu Highway
A lorry on Saturday rammed into three other vehicles along the Narok-Mai Mahiu highway killing two people.
The accident is reported to have occurred near the Duka Moja area when the lorry lost control and caused the multi-car crash.
Confirming the incident, Narok police commander Thomas Ngeiywa state that those who died were a child (4) and a man (40), while five people were injured in the collision that involved four cars.
Nqeiywa told reporters that the lorry was heading toward Mai Mahiu from Narok when it lost control going downhill.
It rammed into the rear of a Toyota Voxy, which hit a saloon car. The chain of the collision extended to another Toyota.
The two died while receiving treatment at the Narok Referral Hospital where the injured were taken for emergency care.
Three sustained serious injuries while another four had minor injuries.
Earlier on Friday, two people were killed after a saloon car rammed into Muraru miraa (Khat) market located along Embu-Kitiri road.
The deceased were both pronounced dead on arrival to hospital.
According to witnesses, the driver was speeding and drove into the crowd as he was trying to avoid hitting a Boda Boda operator.
- 18 January 2019 - 8:39 pm
- 18 January 2019 - 7:58 pm
- 18 January 2019 - 7:37 pm
- 18 January 2019 - 7:20 pm
- 18 January 2019 - 5:55 pm
- 18 January 2019 - 6:01 pm
- 18 January 2019 - 4:21 pm
- 18 January 2019 - 3:58 pm
- 18 January 2019 - 3:30 pm
- 18 January 2019 - 4:12 pm
- 18 January 2019 - 3:18 pm
- 18 January 2019 - 2:45 pm