Sleuths have unearthed details that have enabled them to pin point the location of Violet Kemunto Omwoyo who allegedly conspired with terrorists to attack Dusit complex in Nairobi.
Police disclosed Kemunto, wife of the Riverside terror attacker, Ali Salim Gichunge alias Farouk, escaped to Somalia.
Detectives arrested a male suspect who allegedly aided her escape alongside six others who were involved directly, or indirectly, in the deadly attack which left 21 dead a week ago.
Kemunto has been in hiding since the attack occurred.
Omar Mohamed is the suspect believed to have facilitated her travel from Nairobi to Somalia.
The suspect had close links with Gichunge and they were in constant communication prior to the Dusit D2 attack.
The Al Shabaab bride started planning her escape days before the ambush was orchestrated.
She sent her luggage by courier from Nairobi to Mandera town on the border between Kenya and Somalia.
She was to collect the luggage that included personal items such as clothes.
A day before the attack, through her Facebook account, she put up a post offering to sell household items citing she was moving out of Nairobi.
According to The Standard, Kemunto met her mother days earlier in Ruai, Nairobi, and informed her they were to leave the city for an undisclosed location to celebrate their first marriage anniversary.dead explosion terrorist arrest suspect explosion
- most high26 June 2022 - 7:50 pm
- Avoidance26 June 2022 - 6:45 pm
- Triumphant26 June 2022 - 4:41 pm
- Revealed26 June 2022 - 3:58 pm
- Godsend26 June 2022 - 5:19 pm
- Comeback26 June 2022 - 3:24 pm
- Unfortunate26 June 2022 - 1:01 pm
- Details26 June 2022 - 12:52 pm
- Gloves off26 June 2022 - 1:49 pm
- Take Note26 June 2022 - 11:51 am
- Revealed26 June 2022 - 10:48 am
- On the spot26 June 2022 - 9:37 am