Morning Express news anchor, Zindzi Kibiku, has announced her departure from Standard Media Group located on Mombasa Road.
On her Twitter page, the news anchor expressed her gratitude to the media house for giving her an opportunity, especially on KTN News.
“August 2015 I joined KTN News team as an intern. As infant as the station was with a goal to be the first 24/HR news network, so was my budding journalism career. They took a chance on me and allowed me to realize my dream while being myself,” Kibiku wrote on her Twitter page.
Zindzi also thanked her audience and the interviewees she has hosted during her shows.
“I meet so many of you amazing people. Thank you for your feedback, picking calls, showing up in studio and teaching me. Today, I say goodbye with a full heart,” she added.
The news anchor co-hosted Youth Cafe with Brian Aseli before she moved to the Morning Express show with Michael Gitonga.
Morning Express show digs into online platforms sharing popular articles and hashtags that make top trends both locally and internationally.
Zindzi is a communication graduate from Daystar University, with experience in online podcasts.
Last year, a couple of news anchors quit the station among them Yvonne Okwara, Betty Kyalo, and Mashirima Kapombe.
Okwara and Mashirima left for Citizen TV, where both are prime time anchors in English and Swahili bulletins respectively.
Betty left for K24 TV and hosts Weekend with Betty every Friday on the station.
- Listen Up23 November 2020 - 7:58 pm
- Rain Alert23 November 2020 - 7:52 pm
- Innovative23 November 2020 - 7:45 pm
- moving ahead23 November 2020 - 7:16 pm
- Fire Back23 November 2020 - 6:47 pm
- triple tragedy23 November 2020 - 6:24 pm
- update23 November 2020 - 4:52 pm
- Game on23 November 2020 - 5:25 pm
- Changes Tune23 November 2020 - 4:37 pm
- Unfortunate23 November 2020 - 3:42 pm
- Take Caution23 November 2020 - 2:38 pm
- troubling time23 November 2020 - 3:00 pm