Speaking on Citizen TV, Anyolo revealed that he did not need the Mitsubishi Pajero 2012 model.
He, therefore, ordered that the car be given to an institution which he explained would benefit from it more than he would.
He further revealed that by the time Ruto's gift arrived, he was contented with a Toyota Land Cruiser V8 he was given by his catholic believers on the day he was installed.
“The institution where I donated the Pajero is free to sell the vehicle and use proceeds from the sale to embetter the society," he stated
He also took the chance to offer pieces of advice to the state over what to do with idle vehicles at the port of Mombasa.
"I also urge the government to convert vehicles impounded at the Mombasa Port into money, which would be used to improve the welfare of the needy. The State currently disposes off vehicles whose owners are unable to raise the importation tax,” continued the Bishop.
Ruto had surprised the new head of Catholic Archdiocese of Kisumu with a luxurious car during his installation held at Uzima Grounds on January 12.
While handing over the car, which costs anything between Kshs 3 Million and Kshs 6 Million, Ruto revealed that it was a gift from himself and President Uhuru Kenyatta.
Anyolo was appointed as Archbishop of Kisumu by Pope Francis in November 2018. At the time, he was serving as the head of the Homa Bay diocese.
- Heart-Touching19 August 2022 - 11:50 am
- Clarifies19 August 2022 - 11:13 am
- percentages19 August 2022 - 10:55 am
- Worn-out19 August 2022 - 10:06 am
- Horrific19 August 2022 - 9:19 am
- against all odds19 August 2022 - 8:45 am
- Requirements19 August 2022 - 8:03 am
- battle for numbers19 August 2022 - 7:43 am
- Concerns19 August 2022 - 7:06 am
- Last moments18 August 2022 - 8:28 pm
- Remember!18 August 2022 - 8:20 pm
- Peace18 August 2022 - 7:03 pm