President Uhuru Kenyatta on Wednesday, September 11, 2019, flew to Uasin Gishu, the home county of Deputy President William Ruto.
Uhuru was received by Governor Jackson Mandago and other leaders from the region.
President Kenyatta, as the commander in chief of Kenya Defence Forces, he presided over the pass out ceremony of recruits at Moi Barracks in Eldoret.
Over 3,000 soldiers are graduated from the recruits training school.
He told the soldiers that their career entailed continuous training as well as personal sacrifice in a fast-changing security and defence environment.
“The Kenya Defence Forces continue to epitomise the very best of our attributes as a nation. The KDF is a picture of national unity and cohesion achieved with National diversity integration and harmony.
“I am pleased also to note that a good number of today’s graduands are female. They are here on merit and stand as testament that they are as good and as capable that of any other soldier in the service,” he spoke.
President Kenyatta today explained that KDF is playing a leading role in the efforts to speed up the pace of Kenya’s industrialisation.
“I am pleased, in that regard, to note the efforts the Ministry of Defense is making to expand the current defence industrial production,” the head of state expressed.
During the ceremony, the president presented awards to recruits who came out top in various fields.
The best recruit overall was Becky Juma, the second-best was Paul Nduta and the third-best was John Tsome. The best recruit in combat marksmanship was Quintine Indeche.
- Imagetroops24 February 2020 - 5:23 pm
- ImageBrace Yourselves24 February 2020 - 5:07 pm
- ImageI'm not afraid24 February 2020 - 4:20 pm
- Imageswitching lanes24 February 2020 - 3:15 pm
- Imagebizarre24 February 2020 - 3:28 pm
- ImageLife-Threatening24 February 2020 - 3:41 pm
- Imagewhat next?24 February 2020 - 3:00 pm
- Imagesmart business24 February 2020 - 2:06 pm
- ImageKenyans Asks24 February 2020 - 5:51 pm
- Imageballers24 February 2020 - 5:42 pm
- Imagebold24 February 2020 - 12:59 pm
- ImageUnsettling24 February 2020 - 12:48 pm