Wiper leader Kalonzo Musyoka on Wednesday, October 9, heaped praise on President Uhuru Kenyatta after the commissioning of a medical training college in Tseikuru.
The former vice president who was speaking at the launch of a Ksh 100 million Kenya Medical Training College (KMTC) campus in the area offered his gratitude to President Kenyatta's government for remembering Mwingi North Sub-County which was a marginalized area.
He also thanked KMTC board chairman professor Philip Kaloki for the development of several such campuses since his appointment.
Kalonzo then turned his attention to Tseikuru residents urging them to invest in hostels in order to reap from the boom that would visit them once the institution was opened.
“I call upon the KMTC board to hasten the construction so that by end of next year, the first intake is conducted,” stated the former VP Kalonzo.
The construction of the institution got a huge boost from area MP Paul Nzengu who pledged to Sh25 million from the county development fund.
“I urge residents to support this game-changing facility and own it. bring children here, for this will automatically improve the lives of our community. On my side, I would immediately channel Sh25 million to start construction of classrooms,” Nzengu announced.
The MP further stated that the college came as a blessing to the locals.
On his part, Kaloki revealed that the institution in the area was the brainchild of a consultative meeting between himself and the wiper party leader.
He also added that the locals had played a major role by donating the land on which the institution would be built.
“We will invent better and improved health services such as taking health care to locals’ doorsteps, through an outreach program and home-based health care,” Kaloki added.
- Imagewow27 February 2020 - 5:56 pm
- Imagego home27 February 2020 - 6:23 pm
- ImageLoan Rangers27 February 2020 - 5:27 pm
- ImageBold Determination27 February 2020 - 4:58 pm
- ImageBizarre27 February 2020 - 4:48 pm
- ImageMemories27 February 2020 - 4:06 pm
- ImageDress Down27 February 2020 - 3:56 pm
- Imageconsequences27 February 2020 - 3:44 pm
- ImagePart Ways27 February 2020 - 4:21 pm
- Imagelisten up27 February 2020 - 2:33 pm
- ImageCorridors of Justice27 February 2020 - 2:05 pm
- Imagepublic notice27 February 2020 - 4:23 pm