Wiper leader Kalonzo Musyoka on Wednesday, October 9, heaped praise on President Uhuru Kenyatta after the commissioning of a medical training college in Tseikuru.
The former vice president who was speaking at the launch of a Ksh 100 million Kenya Medical Training College (KMTC) campus in the area offered his gratitude to President Kenyatta's government for remembering Mwingi North Sub-County which was a marginalized area.
He also thanked KMTC board chairman professor Philip Kaloki for the development of several such campuses since his appointment.
Kalonzo then turned his attention to Tseikuru residents urging them to invest in hostels in order to reap from the boom that would visit them once the institution was opened.
“I call upon the KMTC board to hasten the construction so that by end of next year, the first intake is conducted,” stated the former VP Kalonzo.
The construction of the institution got a huge boost from area MP Paul Nzengu who pledged to Sh25 million from the county development fund.
“I urge residents to support this game-changing facility and own it. bring children here, for this will automatically improve the lives of our community. On my side, I would immediately channel Sh25 million to start construction of classrooms,” Nzengu announced.
The MP further stated that the college came as a blessing to the locals.
On his part, Kaloki revealed that the institution in the area was the brainchild of a consultative meeting between himself and the wiper party leader.
He also added that the locals had played a major role by donating the land on which the institution would be built.
“We will invent better and improved health services such as taking health care to locals’ doorsteps, through an outreach program and home-based health care,” Kaloki added.
- Imagethe little things4 April 2020 - 12:36 pm
- ImageNumbers4 April 2020 - 12:43 pm
- Imageuncertainty4 April 2020 - 11:32 am
- Imagea new song4 April 2020 - 11:10 am
- Imagetragic4 April 2020 - 10:44 am
- Imageracist?4 April 2020 - 9:43 am
- Imageextension4 April 2020 - 10:21 am
- ImageAchrivals4 April 2020 - 8:16 am
- Imagedisciplinary4 April 2020 - 8:30 am
- Imagenot again4 April 2020 - 8:42 am
- ImageI know you4 April 2020 - 7:44 am
- ImageListen4 April 2020 - 7:25 am