The posts seemed to create a trend among politicians from the region as they captioned it the same way, sparking the curiosity of their supporters.
Nakuru Senator Susan Kihika, Gatundu MP Moses Kuria, Kirinyaga Woman Representative Purity Ngirici and Laikipia Woman Representative Cate Waruguru all posted the same photo with the same description.
"Sagana was good. The region is united," the caption read alongside the photos.
In the photo, the aforementioned leaders were joined by Dagoretti South MP John Kiarie and his Kiharu counterpart Ndidi Nyoro, Rigathi Gachagua (Mathira), Rahab Mukami (Nyeri Woman Rep), Gathoni wa Muchomba (Kiambu Woman Rep), James Gichuhi Mwangi (Tetu MP) among others.
Kuria, while speaking to Kenyans.co.ke on phone, disclosed that they had been asked by the president to speak in one united voice as Mt Kenya leaders.
"It is a different strategy, but let people not read more from that. People wanted to find out how Sagana was, so we informed them what the president had requested of us. We are united in the region," Kuria stated.
During the meeting, Kenyatta convinced the area leaders that he did not know the contents of BBI and that he too was awaiting its release. However, he rooted for equality of vote and criteria that will thwart violence witnessed after elections.
He also assured them that he was not offering ODM leader Raila Odinga any position in government but they were united for the sake of peace.
The head of state also contradicted DP Ruto's sentiments over violence that marred Kibra by-election. Kenyatta hailed the residents of Kibra for upholding peace during the campaigns and even on the material day of the election despite a few incidences.violence
- tragedy26 September 2022 - 8:34 am
- Damage Control26 September 2022 - 7:47 am
- Orders26 September 2022 - 7:19 am
- Sad25 September 2022 - 8:03 pm
- Terror25 September 2022 - 5:42 pm
- Defiant25 September 2022 - 6:39 pm
- Goodbye25 September 2022 - 4:23 pm
- Tragic25 September 2022 - 3:50 pm
- Revealed25 September 2022 - 3:05 pm
- Financial Security25 September 2022 - 2:40 pm
- Nothing But Prayer25 September 2022 - 2:04 pm
- Heartbreaking25 September 2022 - 1:39 pm