Deputy President William Ruto on Thursday, November 21 presented Kanze Dena's sister, Elsie Hemsi Stephens with a huge responsibility.
During a meeting at his Harambee Annex office, the DP presented the Kenyan flag to the Mr World Kenya 2019 Franklyne Asoyo and Elsie, the Miss World Kenya 2019 1st Runners-Up on behalf of Maria Wavinya, the Miss World Kenya 2019, who is contesting in the pageantry in London, UK.
"Beauty pageants are conduits to the preservation and promotion of our traditions and cultures. The Government will continue lending its support to such contests to strengthen the country’s identity and profile," he declared.
Wavinya, who had already flown out of the country, will be representing Kenya in the Miss World Finals in London that will be held on December 14.
She was crowned the Miss World Kenya during the Mr and Miss World Kenya competition at Two Rivers Mall on October 5, with Elsie coming in second.
Ms Stephens took to her social media platforms to express her excitement at her achievement.
"This was the toughest boot camp yet the most fulfilling experience yet, being part of Kenya's most prestigious pageant was such an honour.
"I am now part of the MWK family and I met amazing young and vibrant contestants who I already miss," she wrote on Instagram.
On his part, Franklyne has been a model since his days in campus, he was a student at Jomo Kenyatta University of Agriculture and Technology (JKUAT) where he graduated with a Second Class Upper Division in Bachelor of Science in Electrical and Electronic Engineering.
- new protocols8 July 2020 - 5:00 pm
- home comforts8 July 2020 - 4:11 pm
- Raft of Measures8 July 2020 - 4:08 pm
- spilling beans8 July 2020 - 3:36 pm
- torment8 July 2020 - 2:25 pm
- Presidential Appeal8 July 2020 - 2:34 pm
- showdown8 July 2020 - 2:24 pm
- way out?8 July 2020 - 1:41 pm
- listen...8 July 2020 - 1:35 pm
- easy steps8 July 2020 - 1:29 pm
- Surge8 July 2020 - 1:03 pm
- He giveth and taketh8 July 2020 - 1:23 pm