Uhuru Mourns Tanzanian Billionaire
President Uhuru Kenyatta, on Tuesday, December 10, sent a condolence message to a Tanzanian Billionaire Ali Mafuruki's family after he passed away on Saturday, December 7, 2019
Mafuruki, who served as a board member at Nation Media Group passed on while receiving treatment at a hospital in South Africa.
Kenyatta's condolence message was sent through Twitter, via the State House Kenya account.
"President Uhuru Kenyatta has sent a message of condolence and comfort to the president and the people of the United Republic of Tanzania as well as the family and acquaintances of Tanzanian businessman, author and philanthropist, Ali Mufuruki, who died recently," the tweet read.
According to a report by The East African, Mufuruki fell ill while in Dar es Salaam and was rushed to The Aga Khan Hospital.
He was later transferred to Morningside Hospital in South Africa, on the afternoon of Saturday, December 7, 2019.
Marufuki was also chairman of Infotech Investment Group and an NMG subsidiary, Mwananchi Communications.
The tycoon co-authored a book titled Tanzania’s Industrialisation Journey, 2016-2056.
He is survived by his wife Saada and four children.
- 21 January 2020 - 8:13 am
- 21 January 2020 - 7:53 am
- 21 January 2020 - 7:34 am
- 21 January 2020 - 7:18 am
- 20 January 2020 - 7:58 pm
- 20 January 2020 - 7:48 pm
- 20 January 2020 - 6:11 pm
- 20 January 2020 - 4:26 pm
- 20 January 2020 - 4:03 pm
- 20 January 2020 - 3:45 pm
- 20 January 2020 - 3:35 pm
- 20 January 2020 - 4:44 pm