President Uhuru Kenyatta, on Tuesday, December 10, sent a condolence message to a Tanzanian Billionaire Ali Mafuruki's family after he passed away on Saturday, December 7, 2019
Mafuruki, who served as a board member at Nation Media Group passed on while receiving treatment at a hospital in South Africa.
Kenyatta's condolence message was sent through Twitter, via the State House Kenya account.
"President Uhuru Kenyatta has sent a message of condolence and comfort to the president and the people of the United Republic of Tanzania as well as the family and acquaintances of Tanzanian businessman, author and philanthropist, Ali Mufuruki, who died recently," the tweet read.
According to a report by The East African, Mufuruki fell ill while in Dar es Salaam and was rushed to The Aga Khan Hospital.
He was later transferred to Morningside Hospital in South Africa, on the afternoon of Saturday, December 7, 2019.
Marufuki was also chairman of Infotech Investment Group and an NMG subsidiary, Mwananchi Communications.
The tycoon co-authored a book titled Tanzania’s Industrialisation Journey, 2016-2056.
He is survived by his wife Saada and four children.
- Poked Holes8 August 2020 - 8:19 am
- nabbed8 August 2020 - 7:37 am
- Long Wait8 August 2020 - 7:16 am
- new boss in town7 August 2020 - 8:07 pm
- no way7 August 2020 - 6:18 pm
- glued to the screen7 August 2020 - 4:57 pm
- double tragedy7 August 2020 - 4:33 pm
- big strides7 August 2020 - 4:14 pm
- bold7 August 2020 - 5:35 pm
- revolutionary7 August 2020 - 3:31 pm
- World's First7 August 2020 - 3:40 pm
- new beginnings7 August 2020 - 2:23 pm