A Kenyan who was named one of the ‘10 Most Powerful Men in Africa in 2015’, and was also recognised by the World Economic Forum as a Young Global Leader, was appointed to a prestigious post in a top company in the US.
Business Daily on December 12, was first to report that Edwin Macharia was appointed global managing partner at Dalberg Advisors - a financial consulting firm - on a three-year tenure. His term commences in January 2020.
"Our entire partnership is tremendously excited to welcome Macharia and to see what new horizons he helps Dalberg reach next," stated outgoing Global Managing Partner Yana Kakar stated.
“I am excited to build upon these foundations towards our shared vision for the future of Dalberg,” Macharia affirmed.
According to the company's website, he advises the firm on a range of issues including strategy, operational efficiency, and program implementation.
Macharia worked at the firm for 11 years before his promotion.
He also spearheaded the founding of Dalberg’s East Africa office in 2008.
He worked at McKinsey & Company and at Clinton Foundation (owned by 42nd US President Bill Clinton) where he held multiple roles focused on developing rural communities.
Macharia is a board member at Nabo Capital, Digital Green and is also a member of The Nature Conservancy Africa Council and the Amref University Governing Council.
He holds a degree in biology from Amherst College, Massachusetts, US.
- lavish15 August 2020 - 2:00 pm
- go home15 August 2020 - 1:34 pm
- busted15 August 2020 - 1:47 pm
- Alert15 August 2020 - 12:12 pm
- strategy15 August 2020 - 12:23 pm
- Major victory15 August 2020 - 12:03 pm
- Afro Cinema15 August 2020 - 11:13 am
- Insider15 August 2020 - 10:38 am
- manning up15 August 2020 - 10:22 am
- frightening15 August 2020 - 10:06 am
- Warning15 August 2020 - 9:24 am
- Poked Holes15 August 2020 - 8:12 am