President Uhuru Kenyatta on Tuesday, January 14, appointed former Machakos gubernatorial aspirant Wavinya Ndeti as the new Chief Administrative Secretary (CAS) for Transport following his latest Cabinet reshuffle.
"I would want Kenyans to note that seven of these appointments to the CAS position are young Kenyans, some are even below the age of 30," he stated.
"I hope they work and indeed understudy their more experienced colleagues in government, with the aim of readying themselves to assume senior leadership positions in the near future," Uhuru spoke.
The president made it clear that he expected the new appointees to act as role models to all their fellow young people, and also instill and preach the right ideals of patriotism, excellence in public service and integrity.
The president went on to congratulate the new appointees and announced that he was looking forward to working with them.
Here's the full list of the new CASs that were appointed by the president in his latest cabinet reshuffle.
1. Hussein Dado- Interior and Coordination of National Government
2. Patrick Ole Ntutu - Labor and Social Protection
3. Andrew Tuimur - Water, Sanitation, Irrigation
4. Abdul Bahari - Devolution and ASAR
5. Lawrence Karanja - Industrialization, Trade and Enterprise Development
6. Peter Odoyo - Defence
7. Maureen Magoma - ICT, Innovation, Youth affairs
8. Winnie Guchu - State Law Office
9. Wavinya Ndeti - Transport
10. Zacharia Kinuthia Mugure - Education
11. Mumina Bonaya - Education
12. Linah Chebii Kilimo - Agriculture, Livestock, Fisheries and Co-operatives
13. Ann Mukami Nyaga - Agriculture, Livestock, Fisheries and Co-operatives
14. Mercy Mwangangi - Health
15. Nadia Ahmed Abdalla - ICT
Uhuru announced further changes in his Cabinet and sent some of his ministers home, key among them being Agriculture CS Mwangi Kiunjuri, who was replaced by Peter Munya.
Joe Okudo was nominated to deputise Amina Mohammed in the Sports ministry and assumed the rank of Principal Secretary, previously held by Kirimi Kaberia who was moved to Mining.
- ImageMemories27 February 2020 - 4:06 pm
- ImageDress Down27 February 2020 - 3:56 pm
- Imageconsequences27 February 2020 - 3:44 pm
- ImagePart Ways27 February 2020 - 4:21 pm
- Imagelisten up27 February 2020 - 2:33 pm
- ImageCorridors of Justice27 February 2020 - 2:05 pm
- Imagepublic notice27 February 2020 - 4:23 pm
- Imageopportunity27 February 2020 - 2:58 pm
- ImageBy the Bullet27 February 2020 - 1:43 pm
- Imagebig brother27 February 2020 - 1:46 pm
- ImageGive Up27 February 2020 - 1:03 pm
- ImageNo show27 February 2020 - 1:41 pm