Radio Jambo presenter Massawe Jappani threw a lavish party for her husband Tom Jappani on July 8, 2020.
Tom, who serves as Head of Radio at The Standard Group, was celebrating his 50th birthday.
The event was held at their home in Nairobi and only close friends and family were invited to share the merriment.Standard Group Head of Radio Tom Japanni with members of Hart The Band celebrating his 50th birthday on July 8, 2020File
The party was graced by Hart The Band who serenaded the guests in attendance.Standard Group Head of Radio Tom Japanni's cake during his 50th birthday on July 8, 2020File
Tom has been in the media industry for more than 15 years but they have been married for 13 years.
The power couple celebrated their anniversary in May 2020, with Massawe attributing their strong bond to commitment.
"It is resilience. In it, you discover your elasticity and capacity to do more than you ever gave yourself credit for.
"It is a sacrifice because you learn to make concessions therein. It is a vulnerability, a high-stakes gamble, where your heart is the prize or the price,” she stated.
Tom met her in 2002 while they both worked at Baraka FM where he was a presenter while she was an intern.
During a past interview, he described his marriage to Massawe as a learning curve.
“Being married to my wife has been a huge learning experience. Forget the beauty, she is intelligent and committed,” he shared.
Massawe and Japanni are blessed with three beautiful kids.Standard Group Head of Radio Tom Japanni (centre) celebrating his 50th birthday with friends on July 8, 2020
- new boss in town7 August 2020 - 8:07 pm
- no way7 August 2020 - 6:18 pm
- glued to the screen7 August 2020 - 4:57 pm
- double tragedy7 August 2020 - 4:33 pm
- big strides7 August 2020 - 4:14 pm
- bold7 August 2020 - 5:35 pm
- revolutionary7 August 2020 - 3:31 pm
- World's First7 August 2020 - 3:40 pm
- new beginnings7 August 2020 - 2:23 pm
- only way7 August 2020 - 2:48 pm
- Daily Briefing7 August 2020 - 2:11 pm
- all in one7 August 2020 - 1:32 pm