Churchill comedian Ben Maurice Omondi (Othuol Othuol) was laid to rest on Saturday, October 24.
Othuol was buried in Ndere village, Siaya County, in a star-studded event.
The comedian passed away on Sunday, October 11 after battling a brain tumour for a long time. He also suffered from tuberculosis.
Kiss FM presenter Felix Odiwour (Jalang'o) and comedian Teacher Wanjiku led the artists in mourning the deceased.Comedian Jalang'o (in white) mourns the late Othuol Othuol in Siaya County on Saturday, October 24, 2020COURTESY
"I gave him the platform when he came to Nairobi for the first time.
"He said he idolised me and wanted to follow my footsteps," Jalang'o eulogised.
Mourners, later on, sang and danced in memory of the late comedian. Among the hits played was his favourite song Kanungo by Otieno Aloka.
Othuol's aunt Rose Apondi recalled how he took care of him since he was three years old.
The died while admitted at the Kenyatta National Hospital. Othuol spent his last years in and out of several medical facilities.
His fellow comedians raised over Ksh1 million for his burial and funeral services.
"Some fans used to send me money on Mpesa, some would even say they had sent the money for my lunch. Churchill (Daniel Ndambuki) took me to the hospital.
“ I also appreciate the Laugh Industry, they paid the hospital bills," Othuol appreciated days before he passed away.Othuol Othuol in his element during a Churchill Show back in 2018.
Watch the final journey of Othuol Othuol
- kudos4 December 2020 - 8:14 pm
- get well soon4 December 2020 - 7:58 pm
- blow after blow4 December 2020 - 6:52 pm
- win big4 December 2020 - 6:13 pm
- rising cases4 December 2020 - 5:36 pm
- RIP4 December 2020 - 6:25 pm
- congratulations4 December 2020 - 5:28 pm
- Work & No Play4 December 2020 - 4:26 pm
- Early Christmas4 December 2020 - 3:41 pm
- RIP4 December 2020 - 3:05 pm
- Quick exit4 December 2020 - 2:17 pm
- Hard Times4 December 2020 - 1:24 pm