Renowned Gikuyu vernacular presenter Njogu wa Njoroge rejoined Kameme FM in January 2021 and unveiled a new show, nearly a month after quitting Kameme TV.
An insider at the station disclosed that Njoroge made a comeback to the station he first joined in the 2000s and will be hosting a night show dubbed Thingira.
The show is centred around politics and involves the audience actively, as they are allowed to voice their opinions which form the basis of discussion.
Kamau wa Kamlesh also known as the Black Indian will co-host the show with Njogu wa Njoroge.Njogu wa Njoroge in an Instagram post in September 2020
The latter survived a purge by Mediamax Limited Network in October 2019 when Kameme TV retrenched most of its employees.
A source revealed that 24 journalists had been fired from the station, leaving a lean staff of around six employees only.
He later tendered his resignation and was hired back for the radio channel, a station he is most familiar with.
After joining Kameme FM from KBC in the 2000s, he rose from a sports presenter to a morning show host before joining Royal Media Services Inooro FM in 2006.
He then rejoined Kameme FM a few years later and exited again for Gukena FM in 2014.
Njoroge quit Gukena FM for Kameme FM in 2019 and later earned at Kameme TV which is also owned by Mediamax.
He once revealed that prior to joining media, he worked as a casual labourer at a construction site in Mwea, Kirinyaga where he would earn Ksh 300 a day.Njogu wa Njoroge at Gukena FM in May 2018.
- Revealed25 January 2021 - 7:47 am
- Brace Yourself25 January 2021 - 7:31 am
- Listen Up24 January 2021 - 7:17 pm
- gridlock24 January 2021 - 6:10 pm
- Surge24 January 2021 - 4:35 pm
- expensive24 January 2021 - 5:02 pm
- Unfortunate24 January 2021 - 4:29 pm
- investing24 January 2021 - 5:28 pm
- Worrying24 January 2021 - 4:13 pm
- Not This Time24 January 2021 - 2:25 pm
- well-paying24 January 2021 - 2:41 pm
- Chaos24 January 2021 - 2:19 pm