The Nairobi Metropolitan Services (NMS) under General Mohamed Badi will open the first batch of the newly built hospitals in Nairobi estates in late January 2021.
NMS said that the first four of the 24 hospitals it constructed will be ready for use in Uthiru, Kiamaiko, Ushirika and Soweto-Kayole.
The facilities are both Level 2 and Level 3 hospitals.
"Contractors are installing equipment. They will be ready next week.Hospital beds outside the Nairobi Green Park terminus dispensary.
"We are finalising on the projects," NMS Director of Health Services Dr Josephine Kibaru-Mbae said.
NMS further recruited 600 nurses who will be deployed to the 24 facilities which Badi hope will all be unveiled in 2021.
The newly recruited health professionals and hospitals will clear the backlog of unattended patients in the county hospitals and the country's referral Kenyatta National Hospital (KNH).
"The nurses presented their documents for verification, subsequent issuance of appointment letters," NMS added on its website.
NMS also opened a dispensary at Green Park Terminus at Nairobi Railways. Beds, heart rate monitors and sanitisers were installed to curb the spread of Covid-19 pandemic.
The terminus will also include police post, restaurants, supermarket, modern ablution block, restrooms for motorists and commuters.
Former Nairobi Governor Mike Sonko handed over health functions to the NMS in February 2020. President Uhuru Kenyatta said that the agency would ensure his Big 4 Agenda, Universal Health Care, was achieved.A woman having her temperature checked at the Nairobi Green Park terminus dispensary.
- New Frontier27 February 2021 - 6:30 pm
- Spike27 February 2021 - 5:29 pm
- unfortunate27 February 2021 - 5:06 pm
- Chairperson27 February 2021 - 4:06 pm
- Take Note27 February 2021 - 3:23 pm
- Withdrawal27 February 2021 - 3:00 pm
- Drainage27 February 2021 - 3:13 pm
- Easy as Pie27 February 2021 - 2:07 pm
- dangerous27 February 2021 - 1:54 pm
- Captured27 February 2021 - 1:40 pm
- Tragic27 February 2021 - 1:27 pm
- Heartmelting27 February 2021 - 1:05 pm