The Kenya Film Classification Board (KFCB) Ezekiel Mutua on Wednesday, April 14, raised concern with gospel artiste Christopher Musioma (Embarambamba's) content.
In a statement, Mutua indicated that the musician could be posing a great danger to himself with the kind of content that he does. He suggested that his fans were cheering him on to his own destruction.
"Is this style sustainable? Is it even sane? Unless he's superhuman, this guy will hurt himself. Someone, please stop him!" Mutua posed.Kenya Film and Classification Board CEO, Ezekiel Mutua.File
Embarambamba, as he has come to be known, is a musician who uses comedy and vigorous dance styles in his songs, often rolling on the ground and sometimes climbing trees.
In previous interviews, the gospel artiste insisted that he was not mad and asked those who were questioning his sanity to support his talent.
The comedian indicated that he got know he had talent back when he was a young boy and the late President Daniel arap Moi was visiting his home area for an agricultural show.
"We were asked to stand by roadside and greet him. As he passed by, I was dancing and lifting my leg in a zig-zag motion. Moi called me and shook my hand. I was the first pupil in Nyanza province (as it was then), to greet Moi,” the comedian told TV47.
Embarambamba is a nickmame which means a small musical that produces good sound.
He was given the name by a fellow musician who recorded a song with him.
The musician has sung songs like; Ninchwo Mbaorokie, Omwana Onyasae Akong'ita Obote, Mungu Ameniwezesha among others.
- details23 July 2021 - 8:38 pm
- more blessings23 July 2021 - 7:44 pm
- Victory23 July 2021 - 7:44 pm
- MAKE OVER23 July 2021 - 6:47 pm
- tragic23 July 2021 - 6:51 pm
- BEHIND BARS23 July 2021 - 5:39 pm
- Prison23 July 2021 - 4:57 pm
- Way Forward23 July 2021 - 4:46 pm
- Services Unvailability23 July 2021 - 5:04 pm
- explained23 July 2021 - 4:18 pm
- Road Rage23 July 2021 - 3:00 pm
- Underground23 July 2021 - 2:23 pm