Bomachoge Chache MP Alpha Miruka scampered for safety after his constituents turned on him and drove him away from a funeral on Friday, July 30.
The residents were irked by alleged retrogression in the constituency and demanded immediate change.
Two sections of the mourners clashed at the funeral when the MP arrived, throwing chairs at each other. Some were spotted throwing blows and assaulting those who defended the MP.Bomachoge Chache MP Alpha Miruka (centre) celebrates winning the parliamentary seat in 2017File
The MP faced criticism and was heckled by the rowdy youth who wanted him to leave the burial of a resident who passed away in a road accident.
"We are not happy. We want roads and infrastructure development.
"Let him leave! Chase him away!" The youths shouted as the MPs aides bundled him in the car and sped away.
The burial was halted for a few hours as a section of the youth vandalised the chairs and attempted to pull down the tents.
"Our MP should ask the National Government to expedite road constructions in the area. We have waited for so long," one youth complained.
Questions were, however, raised on the whereabouts of police officers who were tasked with providing security at the funeral event.
The MPs aides alleged that the disruption was orchestrated by the politician's foes who are turning the residents against him as a strategy for their 2022 General Election.
"They have been fighting me politically. They caused the fracas, and I found it wise to leave. This is not the first time violence has been meted out on me," the MP, Alpha Miruka, lamented and urged the youth to shun chaos.accident violence killed fight scam
- Inspiring1 February 2023 - 6:17 pm
- The Truth1 February 2023 - 5:35 pm
- Lewd1 February 2023 - 5:10 pm
- Innovative1 February 2023 - 6:07 pm
- Revered1 February 2023 - 5:42 pm
- Boost1 February 2023 - 5:14 pm
- Conceal1 February 2023 - 4:41 pm
- Oppose1 February 2023 - 4:47 pm
- Freedom1 February 2023 - 3:41 pm
- Profile1 February 2023 - 4:15 pm
- On the spot1 February 2023 - 2:55 pm
- Moment's Notice1 February 2023 - 2:41 pm