A Kisumu hawker who went viral on social media after his comical videos while selling women's clothes has landed a life-changing deal with a Nairobi based exclusive fashion house.
Sande Mayau alias Mayau Dream Chaser's videos were shared widely online after he opted to dress like a lady while making his sales.
The actor and content creator landed a job as a brand ambassador for the Kilimani-based menswear retailer that deals in clothing, shoes, and accessories covering all the latest brands around the globe.
Sande and the retailer both shared the news on their social media pages on Wednesday, September 15.
The hawker was flown from Kisumu International Airport to Wilson Airport, Nairobi, before being chauffeured to the retailer's main offices in Kilimani.
"Mayau Dream Chaser. I used to sell women's clothes in Kisumu streets, I am now flying to Nairobi to sell men's clothes."
"I have landed the job (with the fashion house)," Sande stated in a video recorded at Kisumu Airport.
The hawker was later on spotted at the elegant fashion house marketing the clothes and selecting a bale of menswear for himself.
Prior to rising to fame, Sande was based at a stall near Kisumu Boys. He switched to his new identity - selling his items while dressed as a woman - in early September 2021.
"I didn't know it will go this far but God is great."
"I thank God for making my videos viral. I didn't know they would be shared widely," he stated after he shared his first video on September 6.
- Changes28 September 2022 - 9:20 am
- On the spot28 September 2022 - 9:54 am
- renovations28 September 2022 - 9:06 am
- investigations28 September 2022 - 8:14 am
- Berieved28 September 2022 - 7:13 am
- Gratitude28 September 2022 - 7:01 am
- new Appointment27 September 2022 - 6:09 pm
- transition28 September 2022 - 7:52 am
- Thriving28 September 2022 - 8:49 am
- Not Picked27 September 2022 - 6:03 pm
- Changing Faces27 September 2022 - 7:38 pm
- Unfulfilled27 September 2022 - 6:51 pm