Motorists were on Monday, December 6, caught up in a traffic snarl-up along the Southern Bypass.
This is after several cars were involved in an accident just after the Kikuyu interchange heading to Karen.
Images seen by Kenyans.co.ke show two personal vehicles on the on-coming lane and an oil tanker that had veered off the road.An image of the accident on the Southern Bypass taken by a motorist.Kenyans.co.ke
One of the vehicles was a mangled wreck with its bonnet folded and windscreen crashed. The airbags had also been dispatched.
On the road, is a man believed to be a victim of the accident laying on the side of the road as on-lookers milled around the accident scene.
According to reports that Kenyans.co.ke could not verify at the time of publication, the accident resulted in fatalities. Motorists had been advised to use alternative routes to avoid the heavy traffic.
The cause of the accident is yet to be established as police had not issued a statement.
The incident comes barely days after two people reportedly lost their lives in an accident in which, David Mwendwa Mutyambai, the son of the Inspector General of Police, Hillary Mutyambai, was behind the wheel of the vehicle.
The Southern by-pass has been earmarked as a black spot owing to the increased number of accidents.
Motorists blamed the spike in accidents on careless driving and speeding on the stretch.
In addition, poor visibility on the road due to lighting has also been identified as a cause of accidents.Traffic snarl-up at the Southern Bypassaccident fatal crash
- EXPLAINED2 December 2022 - 8:02 pm
- Changes2 December 2022 - 6:34 pm
- Fairy Tale2 December 2022 - 7:40 pm
- Quit2 December 2022 - 6:20 pm
- Accolades2 December 2022 - 7:53 pm
- Staff purge2 December 2022 - 6:04 pm
- delight2 December 2022 - 5:27 pm
- Crash2 December 2022 - 5:23 pm
- DISAPPOINTMENT2 December 2022 - 5:15 pm
- Partnership2 December 2022 - 5:05 pm
- Strategy2 December 2022 - 4:40 pm
- Struck Out2 December 2022 - 4:31 pm