The Kenya Universities and Colleges Central Placement Service (KUCCPS), on Tuesday, July 4, opened the portal for the third and final revision of university courses for 2021/2022 Kenya Certificate of Secondary Examination (KCSE) candidates.
In a notice, KUCCPS noted that the exercise would run until Saturday, July 8.
Apart from degree courses, the placement service announced that candidates selecting diploma and certificate courses were also eligible for a final revision.
“The 2022 KCSE candidates who have not secured a course are invited to log in and apply again,” a statement from KUCCPS read in part.
The Service also accorded a chance to students who had qualified for university admission but were yet to apply for undergraduate courses.
“This is also a chance for those who would like to apply for the first time,” the placement added.
How to Review
1. Log in to the student portal using your credentials, including the username and password.
2. Click the Applications tab in the upper left-hand corner to check the requirements.
Alternatively, search for courses by their institutions by clicking on the institution tab.
How to select courses
1. Scroll through the programs and add or revise the ones selected in the course bracket.
2. To enter your preferred courses, click on the application/ revisions tab on the site and enter the program codes.
3. You can pull the program codes from your selection in the courses listed.
4. Once you are done, submit the courses you have selected.
On Wednesday, June 7, KUCCPS director of Placement Coordination and Career Development John Olouch urged students to read instructions carefully to avoid missing slots.
He noted that the candidates left courses in the basket in the portal without submitting them.
"When they go through the portal, they can select the courses from the over 100 courses in all institutions. They pick them up and temporarily store them in the basket. They can store more than they are required to select in the basket and submit the application," he stated.