Angry Youth Disrupt Uhuru's Meeting in Isiolo County
Trouble began when Mr. Doyo was given an opportunity to address the gathering before irate youth who were in front of Kenyatta's motorcade booed and forced him to cut his speech short.
The residents began chanting “Doyo must go” and refused to be addressed by Nairobi Senator Mike Sonko.
It took the intervention of Kenyatta who at first had a difficult time controlling the rowdy youth but eventually managed to calm them down.
After the President restored normalcy, he urged the locals to register and be tolerant with their leaders.
The President then held a private meeting with all Isiolo leaders after the incident but details remain scanty of what transpired.
On Thursday, Deputy President William Ruto was also booed during his visit to Narok County.
The locals claimed that they had not benefited from the Jubilee administration since ascending to power.
The President and his deputy have been traversing areas perceived to be key strongholds in Mount Kenya and Rift valley mobilising electorate to register in large numbers.
- November 21, 2018 - 5:01 pm
- November 21, 2018 - 3:49 pm
- November 21, 2018 - 3:09 pm
- November 21, 2018 - 2:12 pm
- November 21, 2018 - 1:41 pm
- November 21, 2018 - 1:50 pm
- November 21, 2018 - 1:19 pm
- November 21, 2018 - 12:45 pm
- November 21, 2018 - 11:39 am
- November 21, 2018 - 10:42 am
- November 21, 2018 - 9:56 am
- November 21, 2018 - 9:01 am