2 Streets in Iten Town to be Named in Honor of Late Nicholas Biwott
The County Government of Elgeyo Marakwet has announced that it will name two streets in Iten town after the late veteran politician and former Minister Nicholas Biwott.
Elgeyo Marakwet County Governor Alex Tolgos on Monday stated that Biwott had contributed a lot to the growth of the region and as such, they would ensure that he is given an honourable send-off.
“We will name a street and a road after him because everyone knows his contribution to our county,” Tolgos stated.
In regards to the funeral arrangements, Mr Tolgos noted that everything was moving on well.
The local Secretary of the funeral committee, Albert Kochei on his part gave the order of events stating that Biwott’s body will be flown to the Eldoret Airstrip on Wednesday at 10 am after which the procession will move to his home in Toot.
“There will be a procession to escort the body by road to his home,” Kochei stated.
Mr Kochei further announced that the funeral ceremony would be conducted at Maria Soti Girls’ Secondary School, three kilometers from Biwott’s Toot village.
Biwott died on Tuesday, July 11 and will be laid to rest on Thursday, July 20 in Toot.
- 11 December 2018 - 3:01 pm
- 11 December 2018 - 2:42 pm
- 11 December 2018 - 2:02 pm
- 11 December 2018 - 1:52 pm
- 11 December 2018 - 1:10 pm
- 11 December 2018 - 12:45 pm
- 11 December 2018 - 11:29 am
- 11 December 2018 - 12:30 pm
- 11 December 2018 - 11:55 am
- 11 December 2018 - 11:16 am
- 11 December 2018 - 10:52 am
- 11 December 2018 - 11:12 am