Baringo Senator Gideon Moi's wife Zahra Bahlewa Moi, on Friday, retained a plum government position.
In a gazette notice, Tourism CS Najib Balala re-appointed Zahra as a member of the Board of Tourism Research Institute.
"In exercise of the powers conferred by section 54 (1) (h) of the Tourism Act, 2011, the Cabinet Secretary for Tourism and Wildlife re-appoints - Zahra Bahlewa Moi to be a member of the Board of Tourism Research Institute, for a period of three years, with effect from the 1st June, 2019," the notice read.
Also appointed by Balala is Susan Maina to be a member of the Kenya Tourism Board together with Kenneth Kiptoo Boit and Wangai Wamae as members of the Board of Kenyatta International Convention Centre.
The CS also appointed Stephen Kinuthia, Eunice Ibrahim Sheikh, Judith Kerich, Frida Njeru, Franklin Ndii, to be members of the Board of Tourism Finance Corporation, for a period of three years.
Zahra's appointment comes days after she was proposed to take up a post as one of the directors at The Nairobi Hospital.
She was proposed alongside nine others including lawyer Richard Omwela, architect Otieno Odongo, former MP Chris Bichage and the chief executive of CBA Bank Kenya, Jeremy Ngunze.
Zahra was in 2016 appointed to the Tourism Research Institute board.
She is also the CEO of the Lord Erroll Gourmet Restaurant according to her LinkedIn profile.
- not yet uhuru6 June 2020 - 6:02 pm
- get ready6 June 2020 - 5:20 pm
- full speech6 June 2020 - 4:13 pm
- Gradual6 June 2020 - 4:15 pm
- Not yet over6 June 2020 - 3:47 pm
- free to move6 June 2020 - 3:37 pm
- Anxious6 June 2020 - 2:40 pm
- smart leader6 June 2020 - 2:56 pm
- unfortunate6 June 2020 - 2:30 pm
- Soaring6 June 2020 - 3:28 pm
- honour6 June 2020 - 2:10 pm
- Insider6 June 2020 - 1:55 pm