During a Jubilee rally held by the Inua Mama faction of the party, on Friday, Malindi MP, Aisha Jumwa, renewed the rivalry between Kirinyaga Governor, Anne Waiguru, and Woman Rep, Wangui Ngirici.
According to Nation, Jumwa, endorsed Ngirici for the Kirinyaga gubernatorial post, while warning Waiguru to brace herself for a political battle in 2022.
“We shall rally behind Ngirici and it will not be an easy ride for the incumbent,” Jumwa stated.
Waiguru and Ngirici do not see eye to eye. In February, Ngirici disrupted an event where Waiguru was supposed to give out Uwezo Fund cheques to 100 women’s groups.
Ngirici stormed the hall, tore away banners and left with several women who were waiting for the governor and Gender CAS, Rachael Shebesh.
In July 13, Waiguru excluded Ngirici from her wedding with Lawyer, Kamotho Waiganjo.
The woman rep went on to proclaim her best wishes on Waiguru as the governor walked down the aisle.
“She should guard her husband because good men are rare to find and that’s why we jealously guard ours,” Ngirici spoke her heart out.
After the Kirinyaga event, the women leaders then travelled to Nyeri for another rally which turned chaotic, when Nyeri Town MP, Wambugu Ngunjiri, stormed into the meeting with rowdy youth.
The meeting was cancelled after police swiftly intervened and arrested some of the attendees.
- Imagetroops24 February 2020 - 5:23 pm
- ImageBrace Yourselves24 February 2020 - 5:07 pm
- ImageI'm not afraid24 February 2020 - 4:20 pm
- Imageswitching lanes24 February 2020 - 3:15 pm
- Imagebizarre24 February 2020 - 3:28 pm
- ImageLife-Threatening24 February 2020 - 3:41 pm
- Imagewhat next?24 February 2020 - 3:00 pm
- Imagesmart business24 February 2020 - 2:06 pm
- ImageKenyans Asks24 February 2020 - 5:51 pm
- Imageballers24 February 2020 - 5:42 pm
- Imagebold24 February 2020 - 12:59 pm
- ImageUnsettling24 February 2020 - 12:48 pm