Firefighters and emergency workers bravely battled a huge fire that broke out at the Mombasa Hospital on Tuesday, November 12.
According to initial reports, all the patients at the health centre were evacuated as the raging inferno razed through the hospital.
The urban police boss Eliud Monari, while speaking to the Nation confirmed the tragic incident, adding that the patients had been safely moved to nearby hospitals.
“The patients have been evacuated and taken to Aga Khan Hospital,” the Kenya Red Cross tweeted.
Sources also confirmed that Mombasa County Governor Ali Hassan Joho had already been discharged from Mombasa hospital where he had been admitted at-least for 6 days.
He has since issued a statement thanking the emergency rescue team for their valiant efforts to combat the fire, going on to reveal that the situation was now under control.
"My sympathies go to patients who were admitted at Mombasa hospital at the time fire broke out. Thanks to firefighters from different units who responded on time to contain the situation. To hospital staff and good samaritans, asanteni for the speedy evacuation of patients," the governor stated.
The hospital has since been closed indefinitely, with latest reports claiming that the fire was caused by a gas cylinder explosion.
Watch the raw footage of the raging inferno below:
- discord12 July 2020 - 2:57 pm
- Mansion Tour12 July 2020 - 2:52 pm
- Go Ahead12 July 2020 - 2:13 pm
- 1+112 July 2020 - 1:59 pm
- big break12 July 2020 - 1:46 pm
- Compensation12 July 2020 - 12:41 pm
- shining12 July 2020 - 12:10 pm
- The Truth12 July 2020 - 12:03 pm
- sad12 July 2020 - 11:32 am
- Differences12 July 2020 - 10:06 am
- heating up12 July 2020 - 9:24 am
- Frightening12 July 2020 - 9:13 am