7 Nairobi Teenage Girls Missing After Job Advert

A Kenyan Police Officer at a crime scene
A Kenyan Police Officer at a crime scene

Update: DCI’s Child Protection Unit detectives have announced that they have managed to rescued three girls suspected to be among the ones reported missing.

"Efforts are in place to trace and rescue the remaining girls," DCI tweeted. 

Seven teenagers went missing on Saturday, November 14 after they were lured by a job advert looking for movie casting roles.

A video of Fiona Otieno was widely circulated on social media on Friday morning, as she appealed for assistance from the public to help trace her cousin, Sharon Ndunge Muoka who is one of the seven girls that went missing.

The seven teenagers were last seen in Komarock, Nairobi, with the last person in contact with the girls being a caucasian male using an American number. 

An image of a missing persons poster
A poster with contact details of Sharon Ndunge's family.

Speaking to Kenyans.co.ke, Ndunge's cousin Barbra Yvette who is a lawyer at Adera and Kenyatta Advocates confirmed that the Form 1 student from Chogoria Girls was missing. 

"We are very worried after her disappearance because she is a minor and does not have any identification documents so she can easily be trafficked out of the country.

"She left the house at night on Saturday and used the mum's phone to call the international number because her phone was confiscated by the parents so we cannot even reach her," she explained. 

Yvette added that when the number was tracked on Thursday, November 19 it revealed that the owner was travelling towards Mombasa.

The cousin added that the family is yet to find out the identity of the person using the US number as they suspect it might have been generated by an application to conceal the identity of the user.

The cousin had doubts about the job that Ndunge had secured after the company failed to involve the parents as she was a minor and could not sign the contract without the parents. 

"I had doubts because she said she signed some documents yet she is underage. If it was a legitimate organization they would have talked to the parents first," said Yvette.

Yvette added that Ndunge learned of the opportunity from her friends. The case has since been recorded at a local police station.

Watch Video Below:

{"preview_thumbnail":"/files/styles/video_embed_wysiwyg_preview/public/video_thumbnails/GRt0Gd2Fpfc.jpg?itok=ZiQWctgo","video_url":"","settings":{"responsive":1,"width":"854","height":"480","autoplay":0},"settings_summary":["Embedded Video (Responsive)."]}

  • .