- Simon KiraguKenyans.co.ke
17 more people have died of Covid-19 in Kenya bringing the total deaths to 1,366.
Out of the 17, two are doctors who died in Nairobi just hours apart.
The Kenya Medical Practitioners and Dentists Council has announced the death of Kenyatta National Hospital (KNH) Renal Unit boss Dr. Anthony Jude Were Omollo.Kenyatta National Hospital Renal Unit Boss Dr. Anthony Jude OmolloFile
His colleague Dr Nira Patel also succumbed to complications of Covid-19.
According to a statement signed by Health CS Mutahi Kagwe, Kenya had recorded 1,211 additional cases.
The total caseload stands at 76,404 as of November 21.
From the cases, 1,169 are Kenyans and 42 are foreigners.
The youngest is a one-year-old infant while the oldest is 95. 722 are males and 489 are females.
The ministry also announced that 368 patients have recovered from the disease, 265 from the home-based care program, while 103 have been discharged from various hospitals. Total recoveries now stand at 51,352.
A total of 1,134 patients are admitted to various health facilities countrywide while 6,805 are on home-based isolation and care.
67 patients are in the ICU, 36 of whom are on ventilatory support and 31 on supplemental oxygen.
Another 77 are separately on supplementary oxygen out of whom 73 are in the general wards and 4 are in the High Depency Unit (HDU).Accident and emergency entrance at Kenyatta National Hospital.File
- kudos4 December 2020 - 8:14 pm
- get well soon4 December 2020 - 7:58 pm
- blow after blow4 December 2020 - 6:52 pm
- win big4 December 2020 - 6:13 pm
- rising cases4 December 2020 - 5:36 pm
- RIP4 December 2020 - 6:25 pm
- congratulations4 December 2020 - 5:28 pm
- Work & No Play4 December 2020 - 4:26 pm
- Early Christmas4 December 2020 - 3:41 pm
- RIP4 December 2020 - 3:05 pm
- Quick exit4 December 2020 - 2:17 pm
- Hard Times4 December 2020 - 1:24 pm