A Nigerian man was charged in court for conning his Nairobi girlfriend Ksh 31 million. Edwin Chukwudiebere Okoye appeared before a Kibera Magistrate's court on Monday, December 21 to answer to the charges.
Okoye was accused of conspiring with others to defraud Bella Bronislavia between May 1, 2017, and May 14, 2018.
The suspect was charged with acquiring money by false pretence. The court heard that Okoye had obtained the said money from the complainant allegedly to finance government tenders he had won.An empty court room.File
He was further accused of claiming to have a plan to introduce new phones into the Kenyan market.
Bella testified that Okoye persuaded him to lend him the money as he did not have enough cash for the budget, adding that he would return the money with a commission.
The court heard that Bella transferred Ksh 31 million to the Nigerian, but raised concerns when he failed to repay the money as agreed.
Okoye was arrested after the girlfriend reported the matter to the police.
While appearing before Senior Principal Magistrate, Derrick Kutto of Kibera Law Courts, Okoye said that he was already settling the matter amicably with the complainant of court.
Kutto allowed the two to agree and solve the matter, and to later report with a conclusive agreement.
The two reportedly met at the famous B Club in Kilimani, Nairobi where they started dating and sharing business ideas.Kenyan currency notes.Filearrest suspect
- Revealed17 August 2022 - 8:22 pm
- Repulse17 August 2022 - 7:43 pm
- School Calendar17 August 2022 - 7:25 pm
- So Sad17 August 2022 - 7:10 pm
- Delayed17 August 2022 - 6:58 pm
- His Stance17 August 2022 - 6:17 pm
- Daring17 August 2022 - 5:45 pm
- Take Note17 August 2022 - 5:09 pm
- statement17 August 2022 - 4:52 pm
- Message17 August 2022 - 3:46 pm
- Viral17 August 2022 - 4:05 pm
- ADVICE17 August 2022 - 3:31 pm