Kenya has recorded 221 more Covid-19 positive cases in the last 24 hours as the country's total caseload rises to 97,954.
Unfortunately, one patient has succumbed to the disease bringing the cumulative fatalities to 1,703.
In a statement on January 8, Health CS Mutahi Kagwe announced that 6,190 samples had been tested over the period. The country has so far conducted 1,081,863 Covid-19 tests.
Of the positive cases, 156 are male and 65 are female while the youngest is a four-year-old child while the oldest is 85.Health CS Mutahi Kagwe addressing the media outside Afya House on March 17, 2020.Kenyans.co.keSimon Kiragu
Today, 365 patients have recovered from the disease, 354 being from the Home-Based Care Program, while 11 have been discharged from various hospitals. The total recoveries now stand at 80,671.
Currently, there are 627 patients admitted in various health facilities countrywide and 2,191 on Home Based Isolation and Care.
32 patients are in the Intensive Care Unit (ICU), 19 of whom are on ventilatory support, and 12 on supplemental oxygen. One is on observation.
Another 10 patients are separately on supplementary oxygen while there is no patient in the High Dependency Unit (HDU).
Distribution of the cases by Counties is as follows; Nairobi 81, Meru 35, Isiolo 22, Mombasa 16, Kisumu 10, Kitui 9, Nakuru 7, Busia 6, Kisii 6, Lamu 5 and Machakos 5.
Kajiado 4, Laikipia 3, Uasin Gishu 2, Kilifi 2 while Kiambu, Nyandarua, Garissa, Trans Nzoia, Mandera, Bungoma, Vihiga and Murang'a all had one case each.fatal
- New Alliance19 January 2022 - 7:08 pm
- Lost Treasure19 January 2022 - 7:16 pm
- revealed19 January 2022 - 7:07 pm
- unsung heroes19 January 2022 - 6:28 pm
- Heart breaking19 January 2022 - 4:49 pm
- RESPONSE19 January 2022 - 4:49 pm
- Opportunity19 January 2022 - 5:14 pm
- Opportunity19 January 2022 - 4:14 pm
- New Changes19 January 2022 - 3:32 pm
- Strategy19 January 2022 - 4:04 pm
- TOP NOTCH19 January 2022 - 3:16 pm
- Illicit Trade19 January 2022 - 3:20 pm