Whatsapp Chats Reveal Frank Obegi & Friends' Plans Just Before Death

  • A collage image of social media influencer Frank Obegi (TOP LEFT) and three men whose bodies were discovered in Kijabe Forest, Kiambu County.
    A collage image of social media influencer Frank Obegi (TOP LEFT) and three men whose bodies were discovered in Kijabe Forest, Kiambu County.
  • New details have revealed the last moments of Frank Obegi, Fred Obare, Moses Nyachae and Elijah Omeka, whose bodies were found mutilated and dumped in Kijabe Forest in Kiambu county.

    In WhatsApp chats seen by Nation Africa, Obegi called for a meet up with his friends on June 14 after Omeka arrived back in Nairobi from a leisure trip in Diani, funded by two other friends who chose to remain anonymous.

    He reached out to a man identified as Lameck, who was also in their circle of friends, asking whether he would host them for a small get together.

    Photo collage of Frank Obegi, popular influencer who was found murdered
    Photo collage of Frank Obegi, a popular influencer who was found murdered

    “Do you have money for drinks we come for a party?” read the message by the renown blogger.

    Obegi is said to have left his apartment in Kasarani and headed to Roysambu, tagging along Obare who was his neighbour. Nyachae excused himself from the get-together stating that he had to sort out issues with his online writing account.

    Meanwhile, the two proceeded to a drinking joint where they ordered beer as they waited for Omeka, who confirmed that he would join them. Whether the three met still remains a puzzle.

    According to Omeka's wife, Doreen Makena, he left their home in Kamakis along the Eastern Bypass to meet with his friends. Makena disclosed that he drove a white Honda Fit, which is yet to be located.

    She did not hear about her husband and her doubts were heightened after she received a call from Nyachae, who stated that Obegi and Obare had been off air.

    Makena disclosed that her husband was also unreachable on phone. The two decided to meet at the Kasarani police station to file a missing persons report and left the station safely.

    According to the distressed wife, they parted ways at the gate and her husband's friend told her that he was heading to town.  Nyachae's mother, Priscilla, confirmed the theory, stating that her son was going to town to pick a parcel sent from home.

    "The bus company sent me a message on June 16 confirming that the parcel had been picked up by Moses Nyachae. I told him to share with his sister whatever I had sent him (foodstuff)," she stated.

    However, she received a call from her daughter informing her that she had not seen her brother and that his phone was off. His body was later identified at the Machakos county mortuary, mutilated just as his friends were.

    The disappearance and murder of the four was being investigated by officers from Kasarani Police station. However the probe might take a while as the OCPD, Dan Mwanzo, was on Wednesday, June 29, transferred to Nakuru as the County Commander.  

    Questions continue to linger on why the police are yet to issue any updates on the investigations or whether they were able to track the movements of the four dead friends.

    Moses Nyachae, Elijah Omeke, Fred Obare, Joseph Njau Ng'endo and Frankline Obegi
    dead death murder probe