Killer Rongai Matatu Involved in Third Accident in Two Years
A public service vehicle which is notorious for rebranding after accidents, was involved in a third accident on Wednesday, January 2.
The incident happened along Machakos - Kitui Road near Masii Town and photos seen by Kenyans.co.ke showed the Matatu and another personal vehicle laying beside the road.
The incidents raised eyebrows of many Kenyans because it emerged that the ill-fated vehicle has crashed every year since 2017.
The initial crash that happened along Lang’ata Road in 2017 killed four people and injured six others.
The matatu, then known as Schizophreniac (Schizzo) was rebranded to Ferrero Rocher and plied a different route.
It did not take long before it was involved in another overturning incident in May 2018, this time along Namanga road, Kitengela.
On Wednesday, the National Transport and Safety Authority (NTSA) suspended night travel licenses for 10 city SACCOs.
The 10 SACCOs have been suspended over traffic violations during the Christmas and New Year celebrations.
Those affected by the month-long suspension are vehicles belonging to Mbukinya, Ongata Rongai, Kenya Poa, Unified Poa, Nazigi, Prestige, Nawasuko, Latema, and Kibureti, Lucky Baba Dogo, and Marimba SACCOs.
- 18 October 2019 - 1:24 am
- 17 October 2019 - 9:25 pm
- 17 October 2019 - 9:27 pm
- 17 October 2019 - 8:11 pm
- 17 October 2019 - 8:45 pm
- 17 October 2019 - 6:40 pm
- 17 October 2019 - 7:02 pm
- 17 October 2019 - 6:42 pm
- 17 October 2019 - 6:13 pm
- 17 October 2019 - 7:08 pm
- 17 October 2019 - 6:28 pm
- 17 October 2019 - 5:55 pm